We are looking for a (Senior) Systems Engineer – Global Data and Machine Learning (f/m/d) to design, implement and support data infrastructure solutions for the entire Delivery Hero organization. You will work next to engineering teams to ensure the operational success of our production deployments and internal systems. Engineers take ownership over technical and product decisions, closely interact with users to collect feedback, and contribute to our thoughtful, dynamic team culture around the world.
The Global Data team focuses on complex, international, multi-domain problems affecting the core of Delivery Hero’s business and operations across the globe. Impact here drives millions of euros of value for the business; from building our global data backbone, to crafting scalable, production models and APIs, to generating actionable insights which can change the competitive landscape of continents. We’re a large, diverse team of engineers, data scientists, and product managers comprising Platforms, Analytics, and Data Products. We drive value by helping Delivery Hero’s businesses, systems, and people make better decisions faster at scale. We want to attract and train world-class engineers, data scientists, and product managers and build a group which provides you with the most productive and challenging time of your career.
- As a skilled Senior Systems Engineer, you will design highly scalable infrastructure, automate continuous integration and deployments, and collaborate closely with engineering teams extending a globally distributed cloud-based infrastructure
- Advocate system design principles and a general DevOps mindset in our engineering teams.
- Perform on-going reviews of our application and infrastructure code to improve software performance
- Create proofs of concepts with new technologies and drive innovation in our global data infrastructure
- Solid DevOps experience building Infrastructure as code
- Experience integrating and automating security measures into development, CI/CD processes, and scaling production environments
- Experience in developing, deploying, and supporting services-based enterprise cloud solutions on GCP and/or AWS using Kubernetes
- Hands-on experience with Terraform, Linux, Git, Docker, Helm, Travis, Ruby, Python
- Passionate professional with excellent analytical and Problem solving in a rapidly growing data organization with a focus on performance optimization, reliability, and availability
Nice to have:
- Experience with setting up and managing Apache Airflow, Jenkins, and ability to use Spark
- Familiarity with Datadog / Grafana / Prometheus
- Familiarity with BigQuery / Redshift / Mysql / Postgres
Why Delivery Hero?
- Exchange ideas and meet fellow developers in our active guilds and through our global tech & product community
- We offer visa & relocation support globally to our permanent employees
- Enjoy our free online yoga classes and a subsidized Urban Sports Club or Gympass membership
- Take care of your mental and emotional well-being with our free Headspace subscription and unlimited access to our Employee Assistance Program
- Participate in our health campaigns such as seasonal flu vaccines
- Benefit from BVG subsidy for public transport or join our Bike Rental Program
- Join the global market leader and a publicly listed company with a competitive remuneration package
- Develop your skills with your personal educational budget for conferences and external trainings
- Access our e-learning platform MyAcademy and participate in our various inhouse trainings, including German learning options
- Save responsibly with our attractive corporate pension options
- Join company parties, team, cultural and sports events - due to the current situation on a virtual basis
Have we caught your attention? If you are looking for an environment where our company DNA is defined by our values and People Leadership Principles, please send us your CV (& Cover Letter, Portfolio, etc.).
We’re looking forward to your application!
For more information make click HERE